annabellemarie

Sparkles and Lightning

Hello all! I'm Annabelle, a (currently inactive but soon to be back) book blogger with a thing for red roses and rain and fictional boys.

The Hobbit or There and Back Again
J.R.R. Tolkien
Civilization and Its Discontents (The Standard Edition) (Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud)
Sigmund Freud, James Strachey, Peter Gay
Temptation (Harlequin Teen)
Karen Ann Hopkins
Man's Search for Meaning
Viktor E. Frankl
The Bitter Kingdom - Rae Carson This book sucked. I only read it because there was nothing else on my kindle I felt like reading although I have not read the first two books. I did give it two stars since because of that, although chances are it would have gotten the one star I really want to give it. There are so many problems with this book. Here are only some of them:The freaking inconsistencies. Who the fuck edited this?The annoying and pretentious tone. The cardboard characters. The dependence on magic. The way everything worked out without all that much effort. The weird, awkward, and totally of pacing that was sometimes lightning fast and sometimes molasses slow. The heroine, who I wanted to punch. The unexplained things which may have been explained in previous books but I seriously doubt it. The poor quality of the writing. The stupid ending. I have way more problems with this book than just these, but we'd be here all day, so I'm going to stop here. Ugh.